Dan’s Peppery London Broil
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 beef flank steak (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- With a meat fork, poke holes in both sides of meat. Make a paste with garlic, seasoned salt and red pepper flakes; rub over both sides of meat. Place the steak in a large shallow dish. Add Worcestershire sauce and turn steak. Cover: refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, uncovered, over hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). To serve, thinly slice across the grain.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked beef: 270 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Jun 19, 2018
That is not a picture of a flank steak !
Oct 23, 2017
Minimal time to marinade and my broil still had flavor. Super easy and cooking directions were spot on.
Mar 22, 2014
Flavor was good and marinade was easy. I made Cuban Chimichurri to go with it and it was delicious. That's recipe can be found on Taste of Home as well.
Oct 9, 2012
Excellent served with 'Steakhouse Mushrooms,' another recipe on this website.
Oct 9, 2012
Ton of flavor and well received. Would marinate it next time for longer than 4 hours, though. Mine was kinda tough, but that's London Broil for ya. Still has 5 stars for flavor.