- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat until golden brown. Cool. In a large bowl, beat eggs blended. Add the sugar, corn syrup, honey, extracts, salt and melted butter. Stir in almonds; pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forDairy Hollow House Almond Pie
"This pie was delicious, so good it's near criminal. I used almonds from my trees that I blanched and peeled/skinned."