Daddy's Omelet Recipe
"Omelets are one of my husband's specialties," relates Glenn Powell of Havana, Florida. "His fast-to-fix filling of fresh-tasting vegetables and cheese adds a one-of-a-kind taste the whole family enjoys."
- 1/4 cup each diced green pepper, onion and mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In an 8-in. skillet, saute green pepper, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper. Pour into the skillet. Cook over medium heat; as eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetables and cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews for Daddy's Omelet
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2014
"I really liked all of the flavors that melded together in this omelet. I added a little extra cheese, just because I'm a cheese-aholic. I will be making these again!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC