Dad’s Cola Burgers
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 cup (nondiet) cola, divided
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: Lettuce leaves and tomato and red onion slices
- 1. Combine saltine crumbs, 1/4 cup cola, 3 tablespoons salad dressing, egg, Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add beef; mix well. Shape into six 3/4-in.-thick patties (the mixture will be moist); sprinkle with remaining salt. Combine remaining cola and salad dressing.
- 2. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat 3 minutes per side. Brush with cola mixture. Grill, brushing and turning occasionally, until a thermometer reads 160°, 3-4 minutes longer. Serve on buns; if desired, top with lettuce, tomato and onion.
1 burger: 419 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Jun 4, 2019These were delicious, but you do have to keep a close watch on them so they don't burn. I used Catalina dressing, instead of French, and my family loved them. Will definitely make again.
Sep 20, 2016
very good flavor!! I would recommend eating these as an open face sandwich or with no bun because the hamburgers are soft (like meat loaf texture) and they were hard to eat on a bun. also keep a close watch on them so that they don't burn! there is sugar in them from the cola and french dressing and sugar burns easily! :) still a great tasting burger tho!
Aug 24, 2016
These burgers were easy to prepare and grill. They have a great moist texture. I was expecting more of a unique flavor with the dressing and cola, but they tasted pretty much like a regular burger.