- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 cup (nondiet) cola, divided
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato and red onion slices, optional
- Combine saltine crumbs, 1/4 cup cola, 3 tablespoons salad dressing, egg, Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add beef; mix well. Shape into six 3/4-in.-thick patties (the mixture will be moist); sprinkle with remaining salt. Combine remaining cola and salad dressing.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium heat 3 minutes per side. Brush with cola mixture. Grill, brushing and turning occasionally, until a thermometer reads 160°, about 3-4 minutes longer. Serve on buns; if desired, top with lettuce, tomato and onion. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forDad’s Cola Burgers
"very good flavor!! I would recommend eating these as an open face sandwich or with no bun because the hamburgers are soft (like meat loaf texture) and they were hard to eat on a bun. also keep a close watch on them so that they don't burn! there is sugar in them from the cola and french dressing and sugar burns easily! :) still a great tasting burger tho!"
"These burgers were easy to prepare and grill. They have a great moist texture. I was expecting more of a unique flavor with the dressing and cola, but they tasted pretty much like a regular burger."