Dad’s Best Pork Chops
My son, Kenneth, has loved pork chops since he was little, and he requests them often. He particularly likes this recipe because we pick the mint from the garden. —Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/3 cup salsa: 342 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Pork Chops with Mint Salsa in Taste of Home June/July 2011