Dad’s Best Pork Chops for Two
My son, Kenneth, has loved pork chops since he was little, and he requests them often. He particularly likes this recipe because we pick the mint fresh from the garden. —Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill chops, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/3 cup salsa: 342 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Pork Chops with Mint Salsa in Taste of Home June/July 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.