My son, Kenneth, has loved pork chops since he was little, and he requests them often. He particularly likes this recipe because we pick the mint from the garden. —Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
Featured In: Dad's Best Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dad's Best Pork Chops in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p75
Reviews forDad's Best Pork Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 6, 2013
"I really enjoyed this recipe."