This favorite was created by my father-in-law years ago, then I added a few things of my own. Even my husband, who doesn't care for cream cheese, gobbles up these burgers. - Mary Rolando, Farmington, Illinois
Recommended: 24 Game-Changing Grilling Recipes For Two
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Dad's Best Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p118
Reviews forDad's Best Burgers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2012
"holy cow was this good! Hands down one of the best burgers I've ever had"
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2008
"Excellent! Cooked mine on a GF grill because I don't have a real one and they still tasted great!"