Dad’s Best Barbecue
Whenever I prepare this great chicken, I fondly remember my father. He would make his "famous" chicken frequently for picnics and other functions.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 1 hour
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Reserve 1 cup for basting chicken; cover. Pour remaining marinade over chicken in a large roasting pan. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Drain; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, over low heat, turning and brushing with reserved marinade several times, for 60-75 minutes or until juices run clear.
Originally published as Dad's Best Barbecue in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.