- 12 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each egg so it sits flat. Cut a zigzag pattern a third down from the top of each egg. Carefully remove yolks and place in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, onion, curry, mustard and pepper; stir until well blended. Spoon yolk mixture into the egg white bottoms; replace tops.
- Cut olives into slices for eyes. Cut 12 small triangles from red pepper for beaks. Gently press the eyes and beaks into egg yolk filling. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forCute Egg Chicks
"Love this recipe. Even without making the chicks, this is my favorite deviled eggs recipe. And the chicks are adorable and pretty easy to make."
"These are adorable, however, this was very labor intensive. Also the eyes kept falling off. They came out very cute, but I probably wouldn't make them again. The flavor was average."
"I love this recipe. I made it a few years for members of my husband's family and my co-workers.Everybody loved it and they were so happy if I made it again.The chicks were so cute even it had a lot of work. Some year, I was lazy, I just cut the eggs in half instead of making the whole cute chicks.I love it. You should try it, too."