Cute Egg Chicks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each egg to allow it to stand. Using a paring knife, cut around egg white in a zigzag pattern, about a third way down from the top end. Carefully remove yolks to a small bowl; mash with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, cheese, onion and seasonings. Spoon into bottom portion of egg whites. Replace tops.
- Cut each olive into four slices; attach to eggs for eyes. Cut twelve small triangles from red pepper; attach to eggs for beaks. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 filled egg: 158 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Jul 10, 2017
Love this recipe. Even without making the chicks, this is my favorite deviled eggs recipe. And the chicks are adorable and pretty easy to make.
May 27, 2012
These are adorable, however, this was very labor intensive. Also the eyes kept falling off. They came out very cute, but I probably wouldn't make them again. The flavor was average.
Mar 30, 2010
I love this recipe. I made it a few years for members of my husband's family and my co-workers.Everybody loved it and they were so happy if I made it again.The chicks were so cute even it had a lot of work. Some year, I was lazy, I just cut the eggs in half instead of making the whole cute chicks.I love it. You should try it, too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.