Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Place pears in pastry. In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in the eggs, cream and vanilla. Pour over pears.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 518 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 16, 2012
A new family favorite!
Sep 26, 2010
Love this pie! So Yummy so simple only a few things needed! Be careful that you do not under cook or over cook this pie! Either of these will ruin it! This pie you defiantly have to babysit the last minutes of baking! If you do not like to watch things and really be cautious to them do not make this pie then! But other than that the pie is super amazing if you are a master or can master the babysitting aspect hahaha
Nov 11, 2009
I really enjoyed this pie - it was so quick and easy to make and you can really taste the pears. Next time I may spice it up by adding some cinnamon to the custard.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.