Custard Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 slices day-old bread, crusts removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 7 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, butter and cinnamon. Add the bread cubes and raisins; mix well. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour and water until smooth. Add butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm or cold over pudding.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 421 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 7, 2012
I added a teaspoon of vanilla, and substituted cinnamon raisin bread for the regular bread, then reduced the raisins and left out the cinnamon. Everyone liked it. Didn't really taste much like custard though...just a pretty good bread pudding.
Jun 13, 2012
Made this for a dominoes night. Everyone loved it. Will make it again,
Aug 8, 2010
very easy to makelove it