Curry Snack Mix
I coat three kids of cereal with a blend of zesty seasonings for a savory snack that's hard to stop eating. Microwave cooking keeps the kitchen cool on hot days.
Total TimePrep/Total Tiime: 10 min.
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals. In a small bowl, combine the butter, curry powder, pepper sauce, cumin and pepper flakes; pour over cereal and toss to coat.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring every minute. Stir in cashews and sesame seeds. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring once. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 352 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Chex Combo Curry in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.