I created this Indian-style shrimp when we were entertaining some friends, one of our favorite things to do. It works on the stovetop or the grill. —Shana Conradt, Appleton, Wisconsin
Recommended: 30 Seafood Recipes for Christmas Gatherings
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder; cook and stir 30-60 seconds longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. If desired, serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curry Shrimp in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Reviews forCurry Shrimp
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2016
"The sauce is really flavorful. This recipe is a good one for entertaining, since it's extremely quick but looks fancy enough to impress your guests."