Curry Scallops and Rice Recipe
- 1 package (6-1/4 ounces) curry rice pilaf mix
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Prepare pilaf mix according to package directions, using 1 tablespoon butter.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute scallops in remaining butter until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute peppers until tender. Stir in the scallops, rice, parsley and salt. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 431 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 998mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Curry Scallops and Rice
"Very delicious, my family loved it. The only item I altered was fresh pepper strips rather than frozen. With scallops at $14.99 per pound, I found it very expensive for a weekday dinner."
"We substituted fresh red peppers and it was excellent. My husband and 2 year old son ate it all. It definitely goes on my favorites list."