Curry-Roasted Turkey and Potatoes
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 medium), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- Minced fresh cilantro or thinly sliced green onions, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Place potatoes and leeks in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Stir to coat. Roast 15 minutes, stirring once.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mustard, honey, curry powder and remaining oil. Sprinkle turkey with remaining salt and pepper.
- 3. Drizzle 2 tablespoons mustard mixture over potatoes; stir to coat. Place turkey over potato mixture; drizzle with remaining mustard mixture. Roast 6-8 minutes longer or until turkey is no longer pink and potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
3 ounces cooked turkey with 3/4 cup potato mixture: 393 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Jan 2, 2017
I made this for my daughters after days of rich holiday food, we love the hint of curry, easy & flavorful!