Curry Roasted Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes6 servings (1 cup sauce)
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons each fennel, cumin, coriander and mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- MINT YOGURT SAUCE:
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- Remove seeds from cardamom pods. In a dry small skillet over medium heat, toast the cloves and the fennel, cumin, coriander, mustard and cardamom seeds until aromatic, about 1-2 minutes. Cool.
- Transfer to a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle (in batches if necessary); grind until mixture becomes a powder. Stir in the turmeric, salt and cayenne.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and spice mixture. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt and mint in a small bowl. Serve with potatoes.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 138 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 7, 2015
Awesome recipe :)
Feb 2, 2014
Turned out well. Nice mix and the yogurt is a reflreshing.
Jan 15, 2012
A great twist on the roasted potato! We had it with an Asian-spiced roasted chicken!