VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons each fennel, cumin, coriander and mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- MINT YOGURT SAUCE:
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- Remove seeds from cardamom pods. In a dry small skillet over medium heat, toast the cloves and the fennel, cumin, coriander, mustard and cardamom seeds until aromatic, about 1-2 minutes. Cool.
- Transfer to a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle (in batches if necessary); grind until mixture becomes a powder. Stir in the turmeric, salt and cayenne.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and spice mixture. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt and mint in a small bowl. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Curry Roasted Potatoes in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p89
Reviews forCurry Roasted Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2015
"Awesome recipe :)"
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2014
"Turned out well. Nice mix and the yogurt is a reflreshing."
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2012
"A great twist on the roasted potato! We had it with an Asian-spiced roasted chicken!"