Curry Rice Pilaf Recipe
Salted cashews add a nice crunch to this simple rice dish flavored with curry and turmeric.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup salted whole cashews
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Heat rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the cashews, onions and seasonings; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until onions are tender. Add rice; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup: 436 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Curry Rice Pilaf
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC