Curry Potato Gratin
Wanted to make the perfect Potato Gratin better. I think the touch of curry really does it. —Teddy Devico, Warren, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- In a food processor fitted with the slicing blade, slice potatoes; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the cream, bay leaves, curry powder, salt, pepper, nutmeg and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Discard bay leaves; stir in 3/4 cup cheese and thyme.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Curry Infused Potato Gratin in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.