Curry & Mango Chutney Chicken Wings
We have an annual cook-off at our cabin. One time the theme was wings and ribs, so I made wings with chutney, and everyone cheered. The flavors are refreshing on warm days. —Lori Stefanishion, Drumheller, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 45 min.
Makes1 dozen (1 cup sauce)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 chicken wings (about 3 pounds), wing tips removed if desired
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled English cucumber
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Place chicken wings in bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place wings on a rack in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear, turning every 15 minutes. Serve with sauce.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken wing with 4 teaspoons sauce: 170 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Mar 10, 2019
I loved these. The wings go well with the dipping sauce. My whole family enjoys these. They are very messy to make and to eat.
Apr 25, 2015
I wanted to love these but we couldn't really taste the mango chutney flavor. They were kind of bland.