Curry Lamb Stir Fry
Apple lends a little sweetness to this mildly seasoned stir-fry. Tender strips of lamb contrast nicely with the crunchy snow peas and water chestnuts.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 pound boneless lamb, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and curry powder. Stir in broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, saute the lamb and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the apple, green pepper, celery, water chestnuts, peas and ginger in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add lamb mixture.
- Stir broth mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.