- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a blender, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container; add the chicken. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Drain and discard marinade. Grill the chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCurry Grilled Chicken
"My husband and I really enjoyed this chicken! I used 1/4 cup of cider vinegar instead of 1/2 cup white vinegar, which we thought tasted just fine. I also marinated it for 6 hours instead of 1-2. (Next time I might even marinate it longer!) The chicken was delicious and I look forward to making it again."
"Delicious! I marinated mine overnight. The spice mixture was just right."
"This is a good recipe. I only use about 1 teaspoon of sugar and I add a bit more curry. Otherwise, it is way too sweet for my taste. This recipe makes a lot of marinade, so I reserve half the marinade before adding it to the chicken to baste the chicken with while I am BBQing later. I then cut the chicken into cubes and marinate for a few hours. I cook the chicken cubes on skewers. Sometimes I put pieces of sweet peppers on the skewers as well. I find this way, you get to taste more of the delicious sauce. I make this recipe over and over. It's one of my absolute favourites!"
"I was looking for something new and different for summer grilling. This recipe included ingredients I had on hand, and it sounded like a great flavor combination. This ended up being a great recipe! I used chicken thighs rather than boneless skinless chicken breast halves, and I marinated the chicken for about 1-2 hours longer than stated in the recipe. Since the chicken was bone-in, my husband allowed the chicken to cook longer on the grill than stated in the recipe, in order to reach the proper temperature level. My husband said that this chicken was "super-delicious". The chicken turned out moist and flavorful, and it browned beautifully. This recipe is a keeper!"
"This recipe calls for 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar. Which is it? Is this a typo"
"easy, simple, tasty and my kids loved it...what more could I want!"