MY sister-in-law gave me this recipe several years ago and it has been a family favorite since. It is always a big hit at potlucks and I have given the recipe to many friends. I am happy to share it with Reminisce readers.
Recommended: 40 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup apricots with mixed fruit baby food
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil in batches; transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute onion until tender; stir in the flour, brown sugar, curry powder, cinnamon and salt until blended. Gradually add water; stir in the baby food, coconut, ketchup and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon half of the sauce mixture over pork. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Top with remaining sauce; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Curry-Glazed Pork Chops in Reminisce December/January 2010, p50