Curry-Glazed Golden Chicken
After tasting the unique combination of coconut, ketchup and applesauce, your family will want seconds of this glazed chicken. We make it frequently for special occasions.—Julia Detrick, Niles, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 4 pounds), cut up
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 bacon strips, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and ginger. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Pour butter into a 13x9-in. baking pan. Place chicken in pan skin side down; turn once to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute bacon and onion until onion is tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake 20 minutes longer or until chicken is crisp and a thermometer reads 180°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 513 calories, 36g fat (14g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 974mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.