Curry-Cranberry Spinach Salad
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, pine nuts, cranberries and sesame seeds. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
1 cup: 214 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 14, 2015
Pretty salad. Although, I love pine nuts, they don't always fit my budget. I have subbed pecans.
Dec 31, 1969
I.m not a big curry fan, but I loved serving this over the holidays. Now I'd be happy to make it in any season.
Mar 9, 2012
This salad was so delicoius. I also used slivered almonds rather than the pine nuts simply because that was what was on hand.
Oct 14, 2010
We often receive arugula in our CSA, but my family doesn't like it. I followed Trisha's suggestion & used arugula instead of spinach & everyone liked it. Slivered almonds were a perfect substitute for expensive pine nuts. Thanks for the delicious recipe!