Curry-Cranberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, pine nuts, cranberries and sesame seeds. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 214 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Curry-Cranberry Spinach Salad
"Pretty salad. Although, I love pine nuts, they don't always fit my budget. I have subbed pecans."
"I.m not a big curry fan, but I loved serving this over the holidays. Now I'd be happy to make it in any season."
"This salad was so delicoius. I also used slivered almonds rather than the pine nuts simply because that was what was on hand."
"We often receive arugula in our CSA, but my family doesn't like it. I followed Trisha's suggestion & used arugula instead of spinach & everyone liked it. Slivered almonds were a perfect substitute for expensive pine nuts. Thanks for the delicious recipe!"