Curry Crab Sandwiches
Hearty sandwiches are always a speedy supper solution. This hot and tasty version dresses up plain crabmeat with a blend of seasonings and cheese.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine the crabmeat, mayonnaise, celery, onion, mustard and seasonings. Spread 1/2 cup crab mixture on the bottom of each roll. Sprinkle with cheese. Spread butter on cut side of roll tops. Broil both halves of sandwiches 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted and crab mixture is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 529 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1102mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Curry Crab Sandwiches in 2001 Taste of Home Calendar