Curry-Chutney Cheese Mold
Featuring loads of bacon, green onions and peanuts, this exotic appetizer is a true timesaver due to its make ahead convenience. "I include this spread on my cheese platter when giving a party," explains Carmen Courtney from Ashland, Virginia.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
Makes2 cheese molds (2-1/2 cups each)
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup raisins, finely chopped
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (FOR EACH CHEESE MOLD):
- 1/2 cup chutney
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, bacon, onions and curry powder. Fold in peanuts and raisins. Lightly press into two 3-cup freezer dishes coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and freeze one mold for up to 1 month. Cover and freeze the second mold for at least 1 hour; unmold onto a serving plate. Top with chutney and coconut. Serve with crackers.
- To use frozen cheese mold: Unmold onto a serving plate; thaw in the refrigerator. Just before serving, top with chutney and coconut.
To use frozen cheese mold: Unmold onto a serving plate; thaw in the refrigerator. Just before serving, top with chutney and coconut.