- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, paprika, pepper and ginger; coat chicken pieces. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In the same skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic until tender. Stir in tomatoes, curry and thyme. Pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve over rice.
1 serving: 413 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Jan 2, 2016
This was easy and tasted good. The chicken was moist. I did use corn mean instead of bread crumbs and jalapenos in place of green pepper.