Curry Chicken with Mixed Berries
The rich flavors of curry and sweet-tart berries marry beautifully in this colorful entree. Its creamy sauce thoroughly coats the tender chicken and rice. —Margaret Welder, Madrid, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chicken; saute for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Combine the flour, bouillon, curry powder, salt and pepper; stir into skillet until smooth. Gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and thyme; heat through.
- In another skillet, saute berries in butter until heated through. Serve chicken mixture with rice and berries.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 522 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Chicken with Mixed Berries in Country Woman Magazine 2012 - Released to WEB
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.