Curry Chicken Pumpkin Soup
“I made up this recipe and always served it on Halloween,” says Patty D'Amore of Glendora, California. This fragrant, heart-warming soup hits the spot on a cool afternoon.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cubed peeled pie pumpkin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup cooked small pasta shells
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. Add the pumpkin, broth, tomatoes and curry; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Stir in the chicken, corn and pasta; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 148 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Curry Chicken and Pumpkin Soup in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008