Curry Chicken Popover Pie
My cast-iron skillet is one of my favorite pans to cook in. This flavorful curry chicken potpie has Indian influences, and is perfect to cook in the skillet and serve at the table all puffed, golden and piping hot. — Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup canned cooked lentils, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated lemon zest
- Sliced green onions and cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place chicken, lentils, green onions and carrots in a greased 10-in. cast-iron skillet. Place the eggs, flour, coconut milk, cilantro, curry powder, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour into skillet.
- Bake until puffy, browned and cooked through, 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon zest before serving. If desired, top with green onion and cilantro.