- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 to 6 croissants, split
- In a food processor or blender, process chicken until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; add walnuts, celery and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder and Cajun seasoning; mix well. Pour over chicken mixture and stir well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Place lettuce and about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on each croissant. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forCurry Chicken Croissants
"I found this recipe in one of my TOH cookbooks several years ago. I have made it many times and always get asked for the recipe. I substitute the sour cream for greek yogurt and use a little more curry powder. I also add a handful of dried cranberries. To make it a little bit on the "lighter" side, I serve it in romaine lettuce cups or on top of a good salad."