Curry Chicken Croissants
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 to 6 croissants, split
- In a food processor, cover and process chicken until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; add the walnuts, celery and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder and Cajun seasoning. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Place lettuce and about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on each croissant.
Mar 3, 2013
I found this recipe in one of my TOH cookbooks several years ago. I have made it many times and always get asked for the recipe. I substitute the sour cream for greek yogurt and use a little more curry powder. I also add a handful of dried cranberries. To make it a little bit on the "lighter" side, I serve it in romaine lettuce cups or on top of a good salad.