Curry Chicken Croissants
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 to 6 croissants, split
- In a food processor, cover and process chicken until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; add the walnuts, celery and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder and Cajun seasoning. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Place lettuce and about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on each croissant.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 475 calories, 34g fat (9g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 3, 2013
I found this recipe in one of my TOH cookbooks several years ago. I have made it many times and always get asked for the recipe. I substitute the sour cream for greek yogurt and use a little more curry powder. I also add a handful of dried cranberries. To make it a little bit on the "lighter" side, I serve it in romaine lettuce cups or on top of a good salad.