- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (7.2 ounces) rice pilaf mix
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen peas (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted cashews
- In a large saucepan, bring water and oil to a boil. Stir in pilaf mix, contents of seasoning packet and curry powder. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes and peas. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes longer or until liquid is almost absorbed and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCurry Chicken and Rice
"Looks easy and delicious,I will try it soon"
"This is simple and good. Has been added to the dinner rotation."
"Tasty, quick, well flavored. We will definitely have this again."