Curry-Cheese Potato Bites
This recipe is a lot of fun to make, plus I get a kick out of telling people the ingredients—green curry paste and coconut milk. It sounds exotic, but the potatoes are actually really easy to make and have a mild curry taste.—Anna Ginsberg, Austin, Texas
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the bottom of each potato, if necessary, to sit flat. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out potato pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp with cream cheese, 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, milk and curry paste. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining Swiss cheese. Return to baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed potato half: 66 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.