Curry Cheddar Grill
As a farm wife with three active teenagers, I need recipes that call for common ingredients and that can be put together quickly. I've come to rely on these snappy sandwiches.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 12 slices rye bread
- 12 slices (1 ounce each) fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, cut into 6 thin slices
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder and salt; stir in cabbage. On six slices of bread, layer two slices of ham, one slice of cheese and 1/4 cup cabbage mixture; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of each sandwich.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2-3 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches in batches until bread is lightly browned on both sides, adding remaining butter when necessary.
Originally published as Curry Cheddar Grill in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.