Curried Walnut Rice Salad Recipe
"As a busy wife and mother of eight, I'm always on th look out for tasty and nutritious recipes," shares Rhoda Wenger of Pilot Mountain, North Carolina. "With its mild curry flavor, nutty crunch and veggie garnish, this one easily passed my test!"
- 1-3/4 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk mayonnaise, oil, lemon juice, honey, curry powder, garlic, salt and pepper; stir into rice mixture. Just before serving, stir in nuts. Garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 198 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Curried Walnut Rice Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC