- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, salsa, taco seasoning and curry powder; heat through. Stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Spoon into taco shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with lettuce. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 12 tacos.
Reviews forCurried Turkey Tacos
"Delicious flavor! We will make this again and again!"
"Fantastic! My husband can't eat beef, so we are constantly looking for "alternate" meat recipes. We both love turkey, and this recipe was so yummy and satisfying! The black beans add a punch of color and protein. We added cilantro, green pepper, and used fresh onion instead of dried minced onion. Yum!!!"