Curried Turkey and Rice Salad Recipe
I adapted this recipe from one of my many cookbooks, and the entire family was pleased with the outcome.
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add rice, curry, ginger and turmeric. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until all of the broth is absorbed. Remove from the heat. Add oil and lemon juice; mix well. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and chill. Just before serving, add remaining ingredients and mix well. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 434 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Curried Turkey and Rice Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC