Curried Turkey and Rice Salad
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add rice, curry, ginger and turmeric. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until all of the broth is absorbed. Remove from the heat. Add oil and lemon juice; mix well.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cover and chill. Just before serving, add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 434 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2019
This recipe is an adaptation so I don’t feel badly saying I also adapted it. I had most of the ingredients and decided to forge ahead. I didn’t have any regular rice so I used a combo of wild rice and quinoa with the stock and spices listed. I used Garam masala for my curry and used maybe half of the mayo/sour cream dressing. I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Holy yumminess! The raisins (I used regular ones) are such a nice compliment to the curry. It’s so tasty- surprised it hasn’t been review yet. A little time consuming with having to cook “rice” and then cook before adding rest but not complicated. Highly recommend!