Curried Tuna Melt
An old-fashioned favorite is updated with curry powder and raisins. Your family will be delighted to see these open-faced sandwiches make an appearance on your table.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine tuna, celery, mayonnaise, onions, raisins, lemon juice, salt and curry powder. Spread about 1/4 cup on each muffin half; top with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 347 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 681mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Curried Tuna Melt in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.