This nutty concoction is an easy, make-at-home food gift. It will spice up the snack table at any party. Good luck keeping the bowl filled. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 38 Low-Carb Snacks Your Family Will Love
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups salted roasted almonds
- 2 cups salted cashew halves
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dried mangoes, chopped
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds. Add the almonds, cashews, peanuts and coconut; toss to coat.
- Cook, uncovered, 5-6 minutes longer or until lightly browned, stirring after each minute. Add mangoes. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Curried Tropical Nut Mix in Country Woman October/November 2011, p33