- 1 package (12.3 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sprinkle tofu with seasoned salt. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute tofu in oil until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the coconut milk, cilantro, curry, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in tofu; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCurried Tofu with Rice
"5 complete thumbs up, for a great recipe."
"This was very good and I didn't even have all of the ingredients. I had to substitute dried cilantro for fresh and granulated garlic for fresh garlic. Can't wait to try it with the fresh ingredients! I used about 3/4 of the coconut milk just cause I like a bit more sauce. Excellent, will make again."
"This was very good!! I left the tofu/vegetables in when adding the coconut milk for flavor (I used almond milk). I also doubled the seasoning/curry powder/garlic. Instead of salt I used garlic salt seasoning. I mixed part rice/part couscous for variety. I also definitely had more than one serving..."
"Love this recipe! I added a few mushrooms, chick peas, a little siracha and ate it w brown basmati rice. It was delicious. I can't wait to have it again!"
"Overall it was good. Thanks."
"Awesome dish, I did increase the curry paste to taste."
"Love this recipe, has become a staple. I usually add a can of chickpeas and cut the rice in half to add more protein & they go great with the curry flavor. I've never cooked with coconut milk prior to this, so was concerned, but it is sooooo good!"
"great curry, would be great with chicken too!"
"I added mushrooms and more garlic, a little salty, I'll use less next time. Its much better than the usual tofu sandwhiches I make."
"This is my first time working with tofu. I will try other recipes with tofu now that I figured out how easy it is to work with. The flavor of this recipe is outstanding and I will make this again and share this with my friends for sure!!"