Curried Tofu Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (16 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry tofu in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry yellow pepper for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and onions; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add cabbage and tomatoes; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir coconut milk mixture and add to skillet; bring to a boil. Return tofu to skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve with rice.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 1, 2011
Good and interesting flavor. My husband thought it would be better with some chicken ,pork or shrimp added, I would agree, but we had a vegitarian guest for dinner so we went meatless.