- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound grated peeled sweet potatoes
- Oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, curry powder, sugar, cumin, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cayenne and pepper. Stir in eggs and milk until blended. Add sweet potato; toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forCurried Sweet Potato Latkes
"I made this sweet potato latkes as written. My husband and I loved them. The curry was not too strong. I served them with cool sour cream. This recipe is a keeper....because my husband is not a big fan of sweet potato, but he loved these latkas!"
"Delicious! I made a half recipe and went very light with the spices because I didn't want an overwhelming curry flavor. I also sauteed some onion and added that (as was called for in regular latkes that I just made), and that added a nice flavor as well. Great recipe...thanks!"
"Surprisingly flavorful and quite yummy! Didn't have the curry so I left it out and used GF flour blend and 1/4 c. Buckwheat flour and served with the Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon and steamed asparagus. These fritters disappeared fast!"
"Very Yummy- but FYI, The baking powder would be omitted per Jewish tradition since it is a leavening. :)"
"Very good and flavorful but not overpowering. quick to fry up and disappeared just as fast."