Curried Squash & Sausage
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound mild Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large acorn squash or 6 cups butternut squash, seeded, peeled and cubed (1/2 in.)
- 1 large unpeeled apple, cubed (1/2 in.)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked small pasta shells
- 1/4 cup water
- In a stockpot, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes; remove.
- In same pan, heat oil; cook and stir onion and pepper 3 minutes. Add squash; cook 5 minutes. Stir in apple, curry powder and salt until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Return sausage to pan; add pasta and water. Heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 385 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 735mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Jan 19, 2017
This recipe made for a quick, nutritious and inexpensive Wednesday night supper. The curry wasn't overpowering ... as a matter of fact, all the flavours blended nicely together with no one ingredient overpowering the next. We are used to having this type of recipe swimming in a sauce so it took a few spoonsful to get used to the absence of liquid but by the time we cleaned our first bowl, we were ready for seconds and were grateful for leftovers.
Dec 12, 2016
Great winter dish! I was skeptical but then I made it and I will totally make it again. It has great flavor and texture.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.